Go For It On Fourth Fan Preview 2018: The Tennessee Titans


Go For It On Fourth Fan Preview 2018: The Tennessee Titans
By Stuart Tomlin
For my half of the Go For It On Fourth preview for the 2018 NFL season, I decided to ask fans of every team questions about how they think their team will do this season. Instead of asking just one fan per team, I decided to get as many fans as I could involved. For some teams, that was several. For some teams, that was just one fan. But we very much appreciate everyone who got involved in our Preview for the 2018 Season!
Apparently, Titans fans are quite hard to find. Really hard to find. But thankfully, my friend Keira stepped up and adopted them as her team.
Representing the Tennessee Titans:
Keira, Manchester (currently), @HavingChips4Tea
First off, sum up last season for us.
Keira: Well it was 16 games. I think there was some country music involved. That Mariota guy seems pretty popular still, so let’s just say he was average. Made the playoffs even. Got their first playoff win in 14 years according to Wikipedia. That sounds like an achievement. This is going cracking!
How was your offseason?
Keira: Well there was a lot of not playing football. Nobody else did, so I guess we are all on the same wavelength. Would have liked a few friendlies but I guess Americans are too good for that. We drafted well according to a cursory google search. I prefer Heineken draft. At least it has never let me down.
Key additions in free agency and the draft?
Keira: Apparently, we free agented the shit out of defensive players which is cool I guess. Can’t have enough. Not sure how it compares to a 5-4-1 but I’m cool with whatever coaches we decide on for formations. Draft was also apparently good which is cool. We got a LB which google tells me is supposed to be good. Rashaan Evans so if names are anything to go by he will be awesome. He will have to go with Will Compton. Straight outta Compton I hope!
Hopes for the coming season?
Keira: I hope to see them play. That would be cool. Bolton is off to a cracking start so that is also good. I just hope everyone is healthy and we can make for a good year when we can make a run for the table.
What’s your thoughts on your starting quarterback?
Keira: Gabbert is now with us. Mariota is still. I get the feeling Gabbert is like Joe Hart by this stage. Can Titans qualify for Europe? Don’t answer that. He’s dropped another ball.
And your thoughts on your head coach?
Keira: Vrabel looks like it would score well in scrabble.
A player that will be key for you this season?
Keira: Probably the guys who kick, snap, and throw or run the ball. I can imagine they’re not only key, they’re crucial to how to play the game. Is there a rotation for parents bringing drinks?
Who would you happily drive to their next club?
Keira: How many clubs do players need? Just buy a few rounds and let them have fun. Except the punter. Fuck that guy. Nobody likes a punter.
What made you choose to support your team?
Keira: You literally had nobody else to write this and I volunteered.
Why should a first time NFL fan support your team?
Keira: You can’t spell TITANS without TITS and that’s something no other team has.
Compare your team to a European football club.
Keira: FK Shkendjia in Albania or whatever. They’re always there but nobody knows who or what the fuck they are.
What is the best-case scenario for you this season?
Keira: Playoffs? I think? I don’t know. In a group with the Ru Paul presents American football cats, the dotted Us, and the weird bull things. I just hope they all have fun. Fuck the V head guys with the star though.
What is the worst-case scenario?
Keira: Oh man. I don’t know? Concession prices going up?
How do the Titans find their way back into the playoffs?
Keira: That is a good question! How did we get there last year? Just do that but with more winning later on?
Predict your record for the season.
Keira: Probably Dookie by Green Day? Not appreciated immediately, but a good foundation without being too nuts. Or 11-5. I think?
Tell us who you think will be lifting the Lombardi Trophy in Atlanta on February 3rd next year?
Keira: I don’t know what the Lombardi trophy is. I predict the winner of the American football will hold it I guess?
Anything else you'd like to promote?
Other things to promote? Yes please support Bolton Wanderers Football Club!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Super Bowl LIII Coverage: “The Curse of the Super Bowl Hosts”

Super Bowl LIII Coverage: The Alternative NFL Awards 2018

NFL Divisional Finals Preview and Predictions: By Kyle Balfour