Go For It On Fourth Fan Preview 2018: The Minnesota Vikings


Go For It On Fourth Fan Preview 2018: The Minnesota Vikings
By Stuart Tomlin
For my half of the Go For It On Fourth preview for the 2018 NFL season, I decided to ask fans of every team questions about how they think their team will do this season. Instead of asking just one fan per team, I decided to get as many fans as I could involved. For some teams, that was several. For some teams, that was just one fan. But we very much appreciate everyone who got involved in our Preview for the 2018 Season!
Representing the Minnesota Vikings:
Hollie, Wirral, @_holbert.
Peter, Dundee, @pwoody1987 (Instagram)
First off, sum up last season for us.
Hollie: It was all going so well wasn’t it? Who can forget the infamous commentary leading to the most important touchdown of the season? Of course we totally fucked it in the next game, but it was exciting while it lasted.
Peter: Last season was much better than expected, especially after losing our starting quarterback and running back. I did feel there was a lot of luck involved. But overall, I feel it was a strong showing, and very fun to watch.
How was your offseason?
Hollie: I’m quietly hopeful. This is only my 3rd season of watching NFL, but we’ve had a pretty great offseason. We’ve smashed the free agency and brought in some decent looking lads. Keeping hold of Diggs and Thielen was fantastic, especially after Diggs’ performances last season.
Peter: Offseason we got Kirk Cousins on offence and Sheldon Richardson on defence, so that’s a win in both categories, the draft was poor, offensive line needed attention, especially after signing an expensive pocket passing quarterback, but it was neglected and I fear we will pay for that.
Key additions from free agency and the Draft?
Hollie: We’ve brought in Kendall Wright, who is gonna have fierce competition against the aforementioned Thielen and Diggs’, but he looks a really strong option. Admittedly, he came from the Bears, so it wouldn’t be hard for him to look good, but we’ll see. Sheldon Richardson too, I’m hoping he’ll help an already strong defensive line.
What's your hopes for this coming season?
Hollie: Hopefully another Super Bowl run, which I don’t think is too unrealistic, all things considered.
Peter: This season as with every season, 10-6 is an ideal target, that way you have a good shot at the divisional win, and if not at least likely to make a wildcard spot.
What's your thoughts on your starting quarterback?
Hollie: Cousins is boss really isn’t he? He’s only been with us since March, but when you consider the price of him too, I think the best is yet to come.
Peter: Starting QB Kirk Cousins I’ve always been high on, 4 consecutive 4000+ passing yards seasons deserves respect, something he just didn’t get In Washington. If he can get the protection, I see a great season ahead, and he should have a decent ground game to help him.
And your thoughts on your head coach?
Hollie: I’ve got a lot of time for him. We did really well last season, he seems to know what works and I’m excited to see what he does this year.
Peter: Head coach Mike Zimmer, he plays his cards close to his chest, doesn’t give too much away, so it’s difficult to have a lot to say about him.
A player that will be key for you this season?
Hollie: I want to say Diggs but to be honest that’s just cause I fell in love with him a bit last season.
Peter: Key players, Dalvin Cook will hopefully make a statement this season, he should have been in contention for rushing yards leader last season, but the injury bug caught him early. A make or break year for Laquon Treadwell might be in the making. 
And who would you happily drive to their next club?
Hollie: Teddy Bridgewater, purely for his performance against the Bengals last year. I know he’d just come back from injury, but within seconds of coming on he threw a pick. Anyway, he’s already left for the Jets, but I don’t mind driving him even further away.
What made you choose to support your team?
Hollie: I like the colour purple and viking horns.
For a first-time NFL fan, tell us some reasons why they should support your team?
Hollie: We have a player called Rudolph and they call him Rudolph the red zone reindeer and it really amuses me.
Compare your team to a European football club.
Hollie: Liverpool, which pains me to say as an Everton fan, but remember when they nearly won the league after playing boss all season then fucked it against Palace? That was us last season.
What's the best-case scenario for you this season?
Hollie: Super Bowl win.
Peter: Best-case scenario is obviously winning the Super Bowl
And what's the worst-case scenario?
Hollie: I think any injuries really, they’ve got the potential to really derail us and after how many players dropped in our preseason game against the jaguars at the weekend, I’m hoping it’s not an omen.
Peter: Worst case scenario is anything below 10-6 I my eyes.
Kirk Cousins is the now the QB in Minnesota. Can he be the man to get the Vikings over the hump and into the Super Bowl?
Hollie: I think he could yeah, like I said I think the best is yet to come with him so I’m excited about him.
Peter: This is a team, it was a team that went to the NFC championship game, it had nothing to do with one player. Kirk Cousins is one player in a good team. If we win the Super Bowl, it will be a collective effort.
Predict your record for this season, and how far (if at all) you will go in the postseason.
Hollie: 12-4. Post season, I think we’ll get as far as last year at least, but I’m really hoping we’ll go further.
Tell us who you think will be lifting the Lombardi Trophy in Atlanta on February 3rd next year?
Hollie: Really couldn’t say. Anyone but the Pats I hope (laughs).
Anything else you'd like to promote?
Hollie: Viking Horns make a boss celebration noise and also an excellent drinking utensil.
Peter; Yeah I write a Vikings blog, which can be found at https://woodwaffleentertainment.wordpress.com/ I’m also on instagram and post regularly about the team.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Super Bowl LIII Coverage: “The Curse of the Super Bowl Hosts”

Super Bowl LIII Coverage: The Alternative NFL Awards 2018

NFL Divisional Finals Preview and Predictions: By Kyle Balfour