Off the Injured Reserve by Stuart Tomlin

Been a while, huh? This kinda feels like coming back off Injured Reserve.

So where have we been?

It's been pretty much the entire season where I've been unable to write this year, for circumstances that were mostly, largely beyond my control. A bit of an uncertain future in my personal life combined with a change in living circumstances, difficulties with my mental health and to be honest? Not much of a desire to write really. The calendar year of 2019 was probably the most difficult I've had personally and it made it very challenging not only to write anything, but to be positive or even have things to look forward to. Kyle has been in a similar situation to myself so the page has been a bit dormant. 

I'd also like to apologise to those who provided such amazing content for the Season Preview and never got it published. This was part of the problems I was having with my mental health, but for those I let down on this: I'm sorry.

On the plus side, 2020 has started out a little brighter so hopefully this continues. 

And one the biggest things I am doing more positively this year? Writing about sport. Writing about the NFL. A lot more. 

I missed it like crazy. And honestly this past year made me come to a decision:

This is exactly what I want to do with my life. This is the kind of career I want to have. 

So I'm back. We're back. 

This is just a short post really to say exactly that. 

The 100th NFL Season has kinda passed Go For It On Fourth by, but we are not done. Not by a long shot. 

We aim to make the coming 2020 Season our best one ever to not only make up for the lack of content, but to provide you with some entertaining, enjoyable articles. 

We're gonna try and get some stuff out for the Super Bowl including the upcoming Alternative Awards (you think I was missing that? Favourite article of the year!) and some more thoughts on the 100th NFL season. Hoping to put a few general thoughts on the season together in the next day or two. 

Circumstances being well, myself and Kyle will be in the same room for the Super Bowl this year, so we'll try and do something special on Super Bowl evening if that's the case. 



I wanna say a big thank you to you all for sticking with us even despite the lack of content this year. You're all the reason why we love doing Go For It On Fourth. 

Thanks to those who have stuck by me and Kyle in our personal lives too. You know who you are. 

Peace and love, and as always, Go Colts. 

Stuart 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Super Bowl LIII Coverage: “The Curse of the Super Bowl Hosts”

Super Bowl LIII Coverage: The Alternative NFL Awards 2018

2019 Mock Draft by Chris Scott